Search This Blog

Sunday, February 3, 2008

Be Jealous: I Walked Barefoot Outside

Cold Hands

The cold hands that silenced my lips
Stiff and bare
You wiped away the tears that formed
Under my eyes
But struck them into cold ice

Those cold hands

You worked with a hard glance
To my face
I felt naked as you caressed my warm skin
Freezing the hair that prickled

Those cold hands

I don't know if I should
I promised I would

Those cold hands
Will freeze my heart


What do you think? Orginally, it was a song. Totally don't remember writing it. The point of posting was to ask what everyone thinks because I was gonna do this contest where they pick the best poem written by a teenager for different amounts of scholarships so, duh, I thought I should give it a shot. :]

Here's a suggestion to film fanatics: watch the movie Peaceful Warrior. I was sitting there, partly weirded out, mostly amazed at all the wisdom they were trying to share. Basically, its a film on life's lesson and what I thought was the main idea of the story (based on a true events, no less):

"The journey is what brings us happiness not the destination."

As said by the main character, Dan Millman. A very thought-provoking movie and I highly recommend taking some time out for it. It'll make you want to take another look at your life.

Anyway, enough about praising works of art. Here's my list of concerts I desperately must attend!


The Bravery @ The Granada -- Feb. 6th
Jon Cook @ The Door -- Feb. 14th
We Shot the Moon @ The Door -- Feb. 15th
Black and White Years @ Stubb's -- Feb. 22th
The Redwalls @ Lola's -- Feb. 27th
The Jonas Brothers @ Nokia -- Feb. 28th
Feist @ Palladium Ballroom -- April 16th


Man, I'm so excited. If only Sondre Lerche and Led Zeppelin came back, then everything would be perfect.

Oh, yeah, and if the Beatles were all alive.

XOXO

-Jacks

No comments: