Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

"Stress" Rhymes With "Mess"

...and stress is a mess. Ha.

No, seriously. I was so out of my mind this morning. I couldn't handle anymore work, anymore disappointment. I went into physics tutoring after discovering that hey! we've got a book assignment due today! Oops! Yeah, no one had really heard of it except maybe once (harsh reality, I know. I don't need to hear anymore life lessons, k?) Anyway, I went in and guess what? My teacher makes me feel like a complete dumb***. It sucked. I almost cried. I felt like curling up in a ball and bawling my eyes out.

Long story short: I didn't. But when I finally got home and wrote down exactly what I need to do today, this week, this month...I realized I could handle it.

School brings out the worst in me.

Here's a video that'll further cheer the mood! If there were ever a video/song combination that would describe me, it'd be this:



Ah-MAZE-ing.

Truly, I don't understand why people have to fight. <---(I know, completely random but what can I say?) Its stupid, gets you practically no where, hurts people's feelings or causes them injury...there are so many negatives...how in the world can someone just ignore those and just jump to conclusions? Just go right in and argue and fight and cause so much damage?

I don't know. I may sound like a hypocrite but these are just my views; you can ignore them, I promise :]

In other news, I was inspired Sunday by a wonderful Muslim convert, Reverend Karim Buduoai (<---most likely spelled wrong). He spoke at our church, telling stories and talking about how important bringing others the good news is. Plus ten for him too because he never said once that we should push religion onto people. We should form friendships, trust, love and all that before we can talk about Lutheranism (what I am and what he converted to).

After Bible study I nervously approached him and told him that he definitely inspired me and I was curious if he needed help at ESL classes. He gave me one of those nice side-hugs and said, "I really appreciate that!". He then gave me a sheet of paper to get my info (number, email) and said he hoped he'd see me soon.

I don't know why I did what I did. It suddenly just felt right, you know? I was almost doubting myself but my heart urged me on.

Is this a sign?

XOXO

-Jacks

1 comment:

Magically Delicious said...

First of all, that video is amazing. And also, Stress totally rhymes with mess! That's nifty, lol.
But they morph together so perfectly, it sucks. I'm sorry about school...sounds like no fun, and completely uncalled for. But I've never had that sort of school stress (being homeschooled forever). But I know how you feel anyway.
Lol.