Search This Blog

Monday, April 26, 2010

Its Called Passion - Not Obsession

For the longest time, I thought I was just going to somehow be involved with music. Being trained in theatre, I thought radio would be a great place to start and really, I am a pretty damn good DJ on FM 88.1 KNTU but, then I started thinking today about how hard it is to get a well paid job as a DJ. Plus, i'm the sort of person who really just wants to be famous and rich someday. Well, more famous than rich, anyway. I want to be influential. I want my passion for music to be seen all the way to the moon. I want people to know me as "that-girl-who-really-loves-music-and-is-damn-good-at-finding-the-best".

So what better place to start than being a record producer?

Very funny, right? I mean, sure radio's a hard business (especially since it might just die out soon) but a record producer? Am I crazy? Maybe. But, now its all I can think about. I can change people's minds about how the music business is like. Make people start believing in the music itself rather than the money that comes from it. I want to change the world.

MGMT gets it:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/;kw=[24942,129817]?RS_show_page=0

XOXO
Jacks

No comments: